Friday, July 22, 2016

Raaka Virgin Chocolate Coconut Milk Dominican Republic 60% Bar Review

Normally I haven't been thrilled when I try a bar made from un-roasted beans, but Raaka is the exception.  I really dig their bar made with coconut milk.  If you avoid milk, or are allergic to it, this may be the bar for you.  


Color:  Dark brown.
Nose: Coconut.
Texture:  Very smooth, melts quickly.
Taste:  Baked coconut chip flavor, semi-sweet chocolate, and the 2nd time I tried it I go a lot of buttery notes too.
Finish:  Medium with the buttery notes lasting to the end. 

Fermenting, and roasting are such huge components to developing the chocolate flavor in the bean, which is usually why I don't fancy ones made from un-roasted beans, but Raaka is definitely a winner, and I would definitely try more of their bars in the future.   I really wish I could get my hands on one of their Raspberry Lemonade Madagascar 65% bars.  Sounds amazing!  

How do you feel about bars made form un-roasted cocoa beans?  Do yo have a favorite?

Victoria Cooksey

Check out my cooking, and chocolate review videos on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-lp-lF_wB2oX_592jK9UQ




No comments:

Post a Comment