Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Marou Ba Ria 76% dark chocolate bar review


This is what I keep nibbling on all week.  At first, I wasn't sure I liked this bar by Marou, but I was a fan by the 3rd time I had it this week.  This Ba Ria 76%, single origin bar is made with Trinitario beans from Vietnam.  

Color:  Dark brown, some shine.
Nose:  Some sweetness on the nose, not a lot of other smells.
Texture:  A bit of chewing before it melts, the tiniest bit gritty at the end.


Flavor:  Dried apple, a touch of mango, and some citrus acidity.  This bar starts of mild, and then has a fresh burst of acidity.
Finish:  Medium finish with some cocoa powder notes right at the end.

Have you tried this, or any other bars by Marou?  Opinions?

You pal in all things chocolate,

Victoria Cooksey

2 comments:

  1. If this is the one I had today, then I also got a dryness, present on the first and third tasting

    ReplyDelete