Tuesday, September 27, 2016

French Broad Chocolates Nicaragua 68% Dark Chocolate Bar Review

When I was picking out this French Broad Chocolate bar I thought I pointed to the 44%, but ended up with this 68% one in my bag.  Didn't realize it until I was home which was a few hours away.  I really wanted to try the milk chocolate one!  Oh, Well!

Color:  Dark brown, nice shine.

Nose:  Rich, milk/dark bar smell, raisin, spice, touch of ginger.  This bar had one of the more complex noses that I've had in awhile. 


Texture:  Melts quickly in the mouth, silky, light-bodied.


Taste:  Here is where it gets a bit tricky, because I loved the nose, but I didn't overly like the taste on this one.  I got some semi-sweet chocolate chip, chocolate pudding, chicory notes, however, I also got some notes that didn't do it for me (I won't list those here because I try not to list negative stuff in my reviews).  When I don't love a bar then I have my husband, and two of my friends, also try the same bar to see what they think to aim for a more fair review.  All three of them liked this bar stating "I like the sweetness level", "It's good, not my favorite chocolate, but good", "I really like this one.  It makes me think of how hot chocolate tastes", "It's a good one, not super memorable, but I liked it when I was eating it", and "It tastes like vanilla, coffee, so mocha like.  I like it".  "It really has these distinct floral notes, a nectar like sweetness.  It's addicting".   Hope their added input helps. 


Finish:  Medium finish, with a bit of sweetness.

The box this bar comes in is made from recycled material, and the inside wrapper is listed as "compostable".

I do hope to try some of their milk chocolate one of these days.  I've heard good things about it.

French Broad Chocolates:  https://frenchbroadchocolates.com/

Follow yours truly at:

Victoria Cooksey on Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/victoria.cooksey/?hl=en
Check out all my videos on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-lp-lF_wB2oX_592jK9UQ
And my other blog, Victoria Cooksey's Random Dish: http://victoriacookseysrandomdish.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment