Monday, September 5, 2016

Endorfin Foods Chocolate 56% Dark Coconut Mylk Chocolate Review

Today's review is of a bar made with unroasted cacao beans by Endorfin Foods, and yep, it is spelled Mylk.  

The premise behind bars made with unroasted beans is that certain healthy nutrients (a polyphenol,  flavonoid, flavonol, antioxidant mojo which leads to the dark side)  in chocolate won't be destroyed by the heat of the roasting process thus creating a healthier bar to consume.  Which is all good, except gluttons like me are just in it for the chocolate, so health benefits are simply a bonus.  

Color:  Medium brown with a touch of red.
Nose:  Coconut, and light honey.


Texture:  Smooth, medium-bodied.


Taste:  Tartness, vanilla, light honey, made me think of how chocolate tastes when partially melted in a s'more, and honestly, good quality prune flavor notes, and there was another flavor that I haven't been able to place yet.

Finish:  Medium-long. 

What are your thoughts on bars made with unroasted beans?  I think they can certainly be tasty, but I don't get quite the depth of flavor notes as I do with bars made from roasted beans.  However, research is research, so darn, I have to keep trying more chocolates! 

Victoria Cooksey:  



No comments:

Post a Comment