Friday, March 31, 2017

Map Chocolate Meteor Shower Chocolate Bar Review

Map Chocolate's Meteor Shower bar is one of my new favorite inclusion bars!  This dark/milk bar is made from 65% Honduras chocolate with toasted black sesame, Maldon salt, and black lava salt.


Map Chocolate Meteor Shower Picture Taken at Fort Worden, Port Townsend, WA

Color:  Medium/dark brown.

Nose:  Sesame, nutty, salt, chocolate pudding.

Map Chocolate Meteor Shower Chocolate Bar

Texture:  Smooth chocolate meets some crunch of the sesame seeds, and salt.

Taste:  Sesame, salt, smoke.  I love that the chocolate itself still shines through even though sesame can be powerful.  I feel like a sweetness comes from, or is enhanced up by, the salt, and not just the sugar in the bar.  

Finish:  Very long, complex.

In fact, everyone I've shared this bar with lists "complex" as a description.  For the guys out there, my husband describes this bar as "incredibly enjoyable", as well. 

Let us just say this bar is now on my list of nominees for the category "best inclusion bar" for my next Dark Matters chocolate awards at the end of this year.  

What are your favorite chocolate bar inclusions? 

Check out Map Chocolate Co:

Victoria Cooksey:
Watch my chocolate reviews, and cooking videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment