Friday, January 27, 2017

Durci Taino Secret 70% Dark Chocolate Bar Review

Durci is a craft chocolate maker located at the base of the Wasatch Range in Utah.  The very first time I had their chocolate was at the NW Chocolate Festival in Nov. 2016.  So I was standing there talking with Sharon Terenzi, The Chocolate Journalist, and she asked if I had tried Durci before.  Since I hadn't she grabbed my arm, and quickly got me from one end of the place to the other to Durci's table. I may have bumped into a few people on the way. Sorry!  Lol!

 Pic of Durci at the NW Chocolate Festival Seattle, WA 2016

Taino Secret is made from Dominican Republic cocoa beans. 

Color:  Medium brown.

Nose:  Quality chocolate syrup, dark chocolate chips, and sugarcane.

 Pic of Durci taken in Port Townsend, WA

Texture:  Good snap, smooth, and creamy.

Pic of Durci chocolate mold

Taste:  Milk sugars (but not very sweet), Mild acidity, no bitterness, hint of vanilla syrup, cherries, cookie taste (not texture) reminiscent of a Poilane les punitions cookie.

Finish: Slight hint of mandarin orange in the medium finish. 

Durci:

Victoria Cooksey:
Watch all my chocolate reviews, and cooking videos:

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite Durci bar! I'm glad that Sharon had you try it! I would also recommend ordering Durci's 6-bar "flavor pack" if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete