Monday, November 14, 2016

Amedei Tuscany Chocolate Chuao 70% Dark Chocolate Bar Review by Victoria Cooksey

Visiting the Amedei Tuscany booth at the NW Chocolate Festival this past weekend reminded me that I still needed to post a review of their Chuao bar that I had awhile ago.  Chuao cacao is a rare form of Criollo that comes from Venezuela.

When I first starting eating Chuao bars it took me awhile to get use to them because they taste so different from the chocolate bars so many of us grew up eating.  I find Chuao to often be very rich, and earthy which may take you a little time to get used to eating, so I suggest eating 2 squares, wait a few days, eat two more, etc.  Keep taking notes on what you taste because I bet you'll get more each time you try one of these bars.  Enjoy!

Amedei Tuscany Chuao 70% dark chocolate bar:

Color:  Dark brown.
Nose:  Orange blossom, earthy.
Texture;  Smooth, medium bodied mouth feel, melts fairly quickly.



Taste:  Tobacco, cherry, coffee, oak, quality pie crust, touch of black pepper.
Finish:   Long finish, light acidity, tobacco, and coffee notes continue to the end.

Have you tried this, or any other Chuao bars?  What are your thoughts on them?

Follow Amedei Tuscany at:  

Victoria Cooksey:
Chocolate reviews & cooking videos on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-lp-lF_wB2oX_592jK9UQ






No comments:

Post a Comment