Saturday, October 22, 2016

Dandelion Chocolate Mantuano, Venezuela 70% Dark Chocolate Bar Review with Victoria Cooksey

A Journey.  This bar takes me on a journey, and that is exactly the kind of sensory experience I'm looking for out of a chocolate bar.  All the way from the start to the finish this bar is a treat.  Bravo Dandelion Chocolate!  

Dandelion Chocolate bars are made in San Francisco, CA.  The beans is this particular bar come from a cooperative run by women in Flor de Mantuano,Venezuela.  

Color:  Dark brown.
Nose:  Floral, pollen, sweet.
Texture:  Nice snap, slightly chalky, but pleasant. 


Taste:  Starts out with red fruit notes, and a touch bitter, which turns into red bell pepper, followed by cream, and caramel right at the end.


Finish:  A long finish with a touch of caramel as the last flavor note.  The bar lists dulce de leche as one of the flavor notes in this bar, and I can see why.  I don't often get the same notes listed when I taste bars, but I can see where they are coming from on that one!

Here is my review video of this bar:


Have you had any Dandelion Chocolate bars?  What chocolate are you eating this weekend?

Check out Dandelion Chocolate at:  

Victoria Cooksey:
Watch all my cooking videos, and chocolate review videos:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-lp-lF_wB2oX_592jK9UQ

No comments:

Post a Comment