Thursday, August 25, 2016

Domori Porcelana Criollo 70% Chocolate Bar Review

Often fine chocolate bars will have tasting notes written on the back of the package.  I prefer to taste the bars first, to see what I pick out, and then read what the maker wrote.  Sometimes I get a few tasting notes that are the same, sometimes I don't.  Has the same thing happened to you?  Guess what?  That's totally ok!  We all taste things a little differently.  Example:  There are some wines that have green pepper notes, but there are some people who cannot taste green pepper in the wine, even some wine experts.  The back of this Domori Porcelana bar lists notes of bread, butter, and jam.  See my notes below to find out if I got these, or not, in this bar.

Domori Porcelana Criollo 70% Chocolate Bar:

Color:  Light/medium brown.
Nose:  Some sweetness, malt, fudge, cream.
Texture:  Silky.


Taste:  The flavor builds as it melts, while it smelled sweet it doesn't taste sweet, plums, red fruit.
Finish:  Long finish, some oak notes at the end, some acidity, touch of bitterness, but well balanced, drying to the mouth.  

If  you've had this bar already what notes did you get?  Did they match mine, the makers, or were they completely different?

Thanks for reading!  Catch you next time!

Hungry for more? Check out my chocolate review,and cooking videos on YouTube at:
I also have another food/beverage blog:  http://victoriacookseysrandomdish.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment